The way we work has been transformed by the game-changing technology of cloud computing. Work processes are now more efficient because IT services are now delivered via the internet or the cloud.
The demand for professionals in cloud computing continues to rise as more and more businesses move to the cloud. To begin your career in cloud computing, select one of these free online courses.
1. IBM’s Introduction to Cloud Computing (Coursera) walks you through the fundamental ideas necessary to become a cloud practitioner. You will learn about cloud computing’s definition, origins, models (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), and components. Additionally, you will be able to identify the most popular cloud service providers and comprehend how businesses utilize cloud computing technology.
The lessons are easy for beginners to follow and do not require prior knowledge of programming. They cater to a wide range of students, including cloud engineers. You will be able to set up an IBM cloud account and gain experience with cloud services by the end of the course.
2. Introduction to Cloud Computing (Udacity) Are you interested in developing cloud applications? If you are already familiar with DNS, web servers, and Linux concepts, this course is for you. You will be introduced to fundamental ideas like the benefits of cloud computing and its various models. You’ll also be able to compare popular cloud services.
Check out this Udacity course if you want to learn how to use Amazon Web Services in the real world. Under the supervision of a senior cloud architect, you will complete AWS exercises. You ought to be able to confidently navigate AWS services by the end of the five lessons. A server less architecture and data storage configuration with AWS ElastiCache will also be possible.
3. Introduction to Mobile and Cloud Computing (Alison) Mobile communication has been significantly impacted by wireless services. Mobile devices like laptops, smartphones, and tablets are now available. This class talks about how cloud computing has changed how devices and people communicate.
Android, WiMAX, and cloud services like Facebook and Gmail will all be covered. This course is for you if you want to learn more about how cloud technology, software, and hardware intersect.
4. Cloud Computing Law Specialization (Coursera) is a beginner-friendly course that covers legal issues that may arise when conducting business online, even for those with no prior knowledge of law or IT. You’ll understand how personal data in the cloud is governed by EU regulations. Intellectual property rights and cloud contracts will require thoughtful consideration. You’ll also find out how cloud providers and customers might be affected by the law and tax obligations.
You can work on real-world case studies in the course. You’ll help cloud service providers and customers comply with regulations and assess the legal risks associated with cloud solutions. This course will be beneficial to your career because cloud computing professionals must deal with complex cybersecurity, data loss, privacy, and copyright infringement issues.
5. Emerging Technologies (Coursera): IoT (Internet of Things) Wireless and Cloud Computing The IoT is a network of physical objects with sensors that collect and exchange data with one another. These smart devices with access to the internet quietly collect and transmit data to the cloud. You have, for instance, the best smart home systems and pet gadgets that you can use to automate your life.
Cloud computing professionals ought to be familiar with the fundamental IoT technologies and platforms utilized in product innovation as more IoT devices are developed. These cloud platforms and technologies will be introduced in this course. In addition, you’ll work on real-world projects that will teach you how to use an AWS EC2 Virtual Computer and analyze Bluetooth and wireless networks.
6. Cloud Security Basics (Coursera) While the cloud has made life and work easier, it has also brought about serious security issues that should cause concern for any business. The fundamental strategies for resolving cloud security issues are covered in this course.
You will learn about the security of internet servers and examine the most recent cloud security flaws in Cloud Security Basics. You will learn how to protect data in remote setups using cryptography and secure networks for a private cloud. The lessons are complemented by practical exercises to help you comprehend the concepts you’ve learned.
7. Amazon Web Services and Cloud Computing (Udemy) Cloud computing is a vast and intricate field. You can choose one of the major cloud service providers today if you already know the fundamentals. According to Duke Learning Innovation, the cloud computing skill that employers are looking for most right now is AWS. There is also a significant skill gap; only 14% of professionals offer cloud computing expertise, whereas 44% of job postings include it.
Your introduction to AWS cloud computing can be found in this no-cost Udemy tutorial. You will learn the fundamentals of AWS, such as how to set up cloud-based virtual services, bulk email and database solutions, monitoring and notification services, and real-time configuration of AWS services. Practice exercises are also scattered throughout the lessons to help you put what you’ve learned into practice.
8. Azure is another skill that is in high demand in cloud computing. An introduction to the fundamentals of Azure Services (Simplilearn) If you want to improve your employability, learning it is one of the best skills to acquire. Azure is a public cloud platform run by Microsoft that lets businesses select from a wide range of services. It is well-liked by businesses that value hybrid solutions that sync with legacy applications.
You’ll learn how Azure works in this free SkillUP by Simplilearn course. This course covers Azure’s Active Directory, Data Factory, Virtual Machine, and Virtual Network in one hour of instruction. Before moving on to more advanced lessons, start with this foundational course.
9. The Foundations of Google Cloud Computing: Cloud Computing Fundamentals (edX) You might be more interested in learning more about the cloud ecosystem that Google provides. Before focusing on Google Cloud solutions, this course provides an overview of cloud computing. You will acquire knowledge of cloud computing’s theoretical and practical applications. You’ll see why the cloud is important to the workplace of the future. Last but not least, you’ll be introduced to various Google Cloud applications.
Cloud computing can be learned from scratch with ease thanks to this selection of free online courses. Any of the classes listed above is a good place to start if you’re not sure where to start. You will have a better understanding of which courses are worth your money after getting an overview, allowing you to pay for a verified certificate.
Learning cloud computing is worthwhile as the majority of computing tasks have moved to the cloud. You can also add other IT skills to your cloud computing expertise. Get a deeper understanding of operating systems like Linux and Windows by learning Python, a popular programming language. The cloud has all of the resources you need.